Saturday, October 16, 2010

I Remember the Time


I remember the times when it was just you and I



You were the guy that I loved to stand beside



While those girls walked past and rolled their eyes



Because they knew it was just you and I.



I remember the times when you would text just to say Hey



It would light up my day sending me into a whirlwind of emotions



As if I had drank a love potion,



I remember the times when we would watch movies together



Or I watched movies and movies watched you



But that didn’t matter because



I remember the times when you would hold me



As if you didn’t want to let go see you



Were the epitome of my fantasy



The backbone to my internal elation



Now if only I can introduce you to daddy.



And then it happened



I remember the time when there was no more you and I



Either you forgot to call or forgot to stop by



I remember the time when my smile turned upside down



And I thought I would drown in my heartache and pain



I remember the time when it was her instead of me



And I forgot how to breathe



Afraid to face you because



I knew I could not love you



I knew you would not hold me the way you used to



I knew there would be no more memories



And I would not remember the once you and Me.

1 comment:

  1. Some People have the gift of speaking through poetry and other forms of art. I just happen to appreciate "Patience", and taking my time to listen. This was. . .an eye opener and another page of research. :)

    ReplyDelete