Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Lost to love

It is piercing deep into my soul.
The feelings that I can't control.
It's love,
Stabbing me in the heart as if to kill me.
As if to drown me in my own tears of sorrow.
Who you were when you stepped into my life,
isn't who you were when you stepped out.
You've changed. I've changed. We've changed.
No longer two halves of a whole.
Because the holistic value of our relationship has disintegrated to individualism.
Instead of you and I it's now I and then you.
No more laughter and or tears.
No more conquering of our biggest fears because they are here.
Here in our present and we'll face them on our own.
Me without you and you without me.
Who is to blame when love beats you at its own game?
With only emotional heartache to gain.
Who is to blame when the communication is no longer verbal?
More like sending a text and you take it the way you want. It's a shame.
I lost. You lost. We lost.
Never to get back what was once love,
Or once peace, now our lives have to find a new meaning.
I've released, let go of the arrow binding us together
But I will always be by your side no matter the weather.
I’ll miss you and you’ll miss me
Just remember this was loves victory.


*Losing to love happened all to many times for me but I have finally conquered it!* God is Good!

1 comment:

  1. How do you write your poetry? Do the words just come to you, flow from your soul or do you have to work at it and go over it again and again until it is polished enough for you to publish? I'm just wondering. I used to write poetry when I was younger too, but I stopped and haven't written poetry for years now. Many times it's good for the mind and heart, though, so keep it up.

    ReplyDelete