Sunday, June 20, 2010

At War With Myself

My flesh and my soul are at war with
each other, because of the misconceived notion
of life that was fed into me at birth. The world
is my mother as she fed me the fruit from the
tree of good and evil.

With these streets wrapped around me for
protection, she rocked me to sleep with the
lyrics of Lil' Wayne, Puff Daddy and Jay-Z.
Nurturing me to be just the way he wanted:

The man that was presumed to be my father
wouldn't bother to show his face, even when I
gave him what he wanted. But he taunted me
with everything from sex to lies and falling into
his trap I only had to look in the mirror to realize
his true identity.

As I search for my Holy Father;
I will salute to the bible and kick off my heels,
get ready for combat. As I walk across this desert
of death and salvation, leaving my footprints in the sand:
Praying that there will be another set along side
mine to keep me up in these trying times when hate
tries to attack me and when pain knocks me to my knees.

Father help me please, for my soul is crying out
for you but my flesh won't allow these tears to
be shed but this river continues to flow within.
But my sin is greater: putting rap above you,
sex above you, drugs above you.

All because of the misconception of happiness that
was fed into me with the first taste of the bitter seed,
now this bitter seed wants Christ, and is willing to sacrifice
all just for you.

Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the Lord my soul to keep
for if I should die before I wake
I pray the Lord my soul to take.

AMEN.

2 comments:

  1. This was good. It made me think. I like your inspiration and how you are seeking the bible. Keep up the goodwork.
    I will keep reading. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I just wrote what I felt. Many people don't understand it because they are so caught up in the things of the world but it's all good, they'll get it one day.

    ReplyDelete