Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sleepless Night


It is approximately 2:40a.m. and I have no idea why I am awake. I wish I had something to say but I am not sure that I don't. I am being swallowed by these walls which were once my companion. I am being taken advantage of by the light which used to be my guide. I am being suffocated by the covers which used to be my comfort. I have no way out but to dream. Escaping into my realm of unconsciousness I am protected by my fantasies. I am protected from the real and the life. Never searching for the answer of whose wrong or whose right. Never worrying about pleasing you let alone me. My mind is at ease and my heart is at peace, no longer feeling the wind blow through the gaping hole which made reality feel so true. Only to be awaken again and again. Forgetting the places I have been but remembering this one so clearly. I must make the best of it until I embrace you again. Sincerely, Sleepless.

1 comment: